Polycystic Ovary Syndrome or PCOS is a condition that can affect a woman’s fertility.
When a woman is diagnosed with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), one thing her doctor may also be told is that this disease can interfere with conceiving. PCOS Meaning
Read : Myopia VS Hypermetropia
Read : Myopia With Astigmatism
Although it has a major impact on female fertility, PCOS that interferes with the pregnancy program can be treated in the right way.
Therefore, see the explanation about PCOS below. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Smallpox Treatment
Read : Typhoid Treatment
Read : Bell’s Palsy Treatment
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS)
Some of the symptoms of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome are quite mild.
So that in many cases, women do not realize there is something wrong with their bodies (with PCOS). PCOS Meaning
Common PCOS symptoms that you may experience include:
- Acne growth to excessive body hair.
- Difficult to get pregnant.
- Weight gain
- Hair thinning and hair loss.
- Oily or acne prone skin.
Apart from that, the easiest symptom to recognize the symptoms of PCOS interfering with the pregnancy program is an irregular menstrual schedule or even not occurring at all.
In some cases, menstruation only occurs once every few months, even once every six months.
The reason for this irregular menstrual schedule is because the body does not ovulate regularly. PCOS Meaning
Some women who have not thought about pregnancy may think that irregular menstrual schedule is a mild symptom, but in fact it can also be dangerous.
In fact, some women only found out they had PCOS when they were trying to get pregnant. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Joint Pain Treatment
Read : Ovarian Cyst Treatment
Read : Spinal Pain Treatment
Causes of PCOS
There are several things that can cause PCOS in women, such as.
- Hormone Changes. Women with polycystic ovary syndrome have hormonal changes in their bodies. That is, this condition stimulates polycystic ovaries to produce androgen hormones. Excess androgen hormones are one of the factors that can cause PCOS. Androgens are male sex hormones that are also produced by the female body in small amounts.
- Genetics. Genetic or hereditary factors are one of the most likely causes of PCOS. Usually a woman will suffer from PCOS if her mother or sibling also experiences the same thing. PCOS is apparently not only inherited from the mother, but also from the father’s family. If one of these family trees has irregular menstrual periods and diabetes, the chances of suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome will be even greater.
- Insulin Resistance. The next factor can be caused if your body is resistant to insulin. That is, the pancreas will secrete more insulin to produce energy or glucose. Excess insulin levels in the body will then affect the ovaries by increasing androgen production. This excess androgen production will interfere with the ability to ovulate. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Insomnia Medications
Read : Asthma Medications
Read : Asthma Definition
Can PCOS Patients Get Pregnant?
Quoted from Everyday Health, women who suffer from polycystic ovary syndrome have a hormonal disorder in which the body produces too many androgens.
Generally, this hormone is found in the male body, but women can still have it in small amounts, just like insulin.
This hormonal imbalance can interfere with the ‘signals’ sent from the pituitary gland to direct the ovaries to produce eggs.
When the egg is not released, ovulation does not occur and eventually PCOS interferes with the pregnancy program.
However, in some cases, women with PCOS can still get pregnant and are at high risk.
According to the National Institutes of Health, pregnant women with polycystic ovary syndrome are at risk of complications, such as 3 times more likely to experience:
- Premature birth.
In some cases, a caesarean section is needed. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Nearsightedness Lasik
Read : Lasik For Nearsightedness
As we know, PCOS sufferers can get pregnant with better lifestyle changes.
Here are some ways to treat polycystic ovary syndrome in women:
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome disease can interfere with the program to get pregnant has been widely associated with the problem of being overweight.
However, it is necessary to start with lifestyle modifications, such as having a healthy diet and doing physical activity or exercising to lose weight.
This weight loss will have a positive impact on:
- Ovulation function.
- Increased chances of fertilization.
- Safer pregnancy for moms and babies.
- Better response to fertility drugs.
Read : GERD Medication
Read : Body Odor Postpartum
Read : Cholesterol Normal Level
Consumption of Healthy Food
The way to overcome PCOS so that you can get pregnant is to keep your food intake healthy and balanced.
Food selection needs to be done so that the body remains in an ideal weight and not excessive.
A study says that only by losing 5% of body weight, a woman can restore her menstrual cycle to be more regular and ovulate properly. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Headache And Nausea
Read : Headache Medicine
Read : Headache Forehead
By increasing daily exercise regularly, this is enough to play a role in maintaining overall reproductive health.
Women who suffer from PCOS and are diligent in exercising have a variety of benefits such as:
- Treat or even prevent insulin resistance.
- Help control weight.
- Prevent diabetes.
So from now on, never skip exercise for at least 30 minutes per day. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Nosebleed During Pregnancy
Read : Headache Pressure Points
However, if the ovulation cycle is still irregular, additional medication may be prescribed.
For example the drug metformin which can help the body become more sensitive to insulin so that it can make the ovulation cycle more regular. PCOS Meaning
It is also known, this type of drug can slow the development of diabetes experienced by women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
So in another sense, it can prevent type 2 diabetes and help you lose weight.
Those are some important facts about PCOS in women. Never underestimate the symptoms that may be felt right now. PCOS Meaning.
Read : Increase Hemoglobin
Read : Fever Treatment
Read : What PCOS Means
Healthy My Wealthy